Business cards tell people what you do and provide a way for them to contact you. Because social media has changed the way we connect with our customers, clients, colleagues and employers, your card may need to include additional information – such as your addresses for Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, or your blog. You will have to decide how much to include, and how to do so without overloading your card.
To help you make a decision, you can ask yourself these questions:
1. Have I included the necessary information? Think about the majority of your potential clients and customers, and include on the card the information they will need. This usually means your name, your title, company name/logo, address, phone number, and email and web addresses.
2. What can I eliminate? Is the information on the card easy to read? Make sure your card is visually appealing. Can you eliminate your fax number? Do you need both your business and cell phone numbers? If you have a lot to include, use the back for the less-essential information.
3. Which social media addresses do I use for business? Include the social media addresses that help you stay in contact with your customers, clients, etc. If adding all your new links overwhelms the card, place them on the back. When you hand your card to someone, you can point this out by saying, “If you want to connect with me by social media, my addresses are on the back.”
4. Should I include a quick response (QR) code? These are bar codes that can be scanned by Smartphones to provide a link to your websites or LinkedIn profile. This suggestion was discussed in an article for job seekers on CareerBuilder.com. If you include a QR code, place it on the back of the card.
5. Is a photograph necessary? Most corporate cards do not include photographs, but you may want to include a photograph if you use your card for marketing purposes. Speakers will often have photographs of themselves on their cards.
Information on giving out your cards can be found in my book When The Little Things Count…And They Always Count.
This post was really helpful. I never thought about using the back of the card for social media!ReplyDelete
Thank you. I'm glad it was helpful.Delete
This post was very helpful.ReplyDelete
Wow this blog is magnificent i like studying your posts. Stay up the good work! You already know, many individuals are searching around for this information, you can help them greatly.ReplyDelete
Nice blog..!! in business world without business cards feels awkward...so its great info to promote new things..ReplyDelete
I love your blog.. very nice colors & theme. Did you make this website yourself or did you hire someone to do it for you? Plz reply as I'm looking to create my own blog and would like to find out where u got this from. many thanks.ReplyDelete
Richard Power Tyco
Numerous organization managers have become thinking of generating their own types. As long as theReplyDelete
Plastic card innovative abilities usually are in-house this is sometimes a quite valuable approach to take.
With the integration of the internet and smartphones into the business world, the way we live and conduct business and our daily lives has drastically .. line-sticker.comReplyDelete
These kind of malicious problems can certainly many be made it simply by plastic greeting cards. Throwing the item within a glass regarding dark caffeine will be alright simply because after buying the item outside the mug, plastic business cards the words on the minute card remain readable.ReplyDelete
Full color business cards completely remarkable!!plastic business cardsReplyDelete
OptionBit Binary Options trading is the best Binary Option platform on the market. Earn up to 81% on your investment. her latest blog For beginners and advanced traders. her latest blogReplyDelete
Business identification is most important for every business, therefore business owners are preparing business cards, business address, business social platforms and business brand recognition. So that, customers and client can easily recognize business value. Social platforms are now the highlighting part of every business and it helps to promote the business concept also.ReplyDelete